Sunday, March 05, 2006

I Need Some Dialogue!

I'm itching to get back to animating dialogue. The short I'm working on has no speech - everything is communicated through body language. While this is quite an exercise in itself, I think doing dialogue opens up an entirely new area within animation to explore. Seeing some of the stuff out there really inspires me to try to push my abilities past where they are now.
I've seen that lots of people use video reference of themselves to get acting ideas. I've kind of always shied away from this (I think because I hate seeing myself on camera), but it's probably something I should start doing. All those little details become clear when they're recorded, and those details inspire more ideas. Plus it's a good starting point for blocking. Ha, I really feel like I suck when I see things other students (that are FAR YOUNGER than me ;) are pushing out... Check out benjaminwillis.net if you get a chance... That kid's gonna go far.

No comments: