Saturday, February 25, 2006

Facial animation

Sometimes I wonder if the subtlety I put into facial animation gets noticed. Granted, I'm not the best at it, so maybe it's a good thing. Seeing some of the work done online has me curious though... Cane-Toad is an excellent example where the subtleties push the boundaries and really make the characters feel alive. Right now I feel that it's hard for me to simulate this effect, either due to my inability to analyze and apply those subtle details, or due to the limitations of my rigs, or both. I hope I can achieve that kind of mastery with my work someday. There still many things I feel like I'm not paying enough attention to as well, like arcs in the face, specifically with the mouth, plus squash and stretch. It's an area I have yet to explore. I'll probably try to dive into it after this short's done.

No comments: