Monday, February 27, 2006

Scoping Shorts

After this one, I probably won't do another one for a while. Why? Because they take sooo damn long to do. I was even cautious of scoping when I started this one. One character, one environment. I still went too far. I guess the problem is I couldn't come up with a story that would fit under 1 minute 30 seconds. I also did something that required multiple cameras. I think for the next outing I'm probably going to stick to something drastically simpler, so I can focus solely on animation. The short Bathtime by Carlos Fernandez is a good example of something I might aim for, or Cameron Miyasaki's S.O.S. Either that, or just stick to 10 second club entries and other short animations I can use on a reel. I find myself subconsciously trying to rush this, which is not a good thing. I'm working on it full time and it's still probably going to take me until mid-April just to get the animation portion finished.

I'll post progress on it once the next major section is animated.

No comments: